David W. Read, Esq.
David Read practices family law, estate planning, and employment law throughout the Wasatch Front. Prior to working out of his current office, he maintained his practice at the law firm of Strong and Hanni and later at the law firm of Cordell and Cordell. David provides clients with high quality legal representation as he focuses on implementing the most efficient and legally effective strategies. David has been recognized in Utah Business Magazine’s “Utah Legal Elite” and Super Lawyers.
David works closely and effectively with qualified professionals and expert witnesses, including business evaluators, forensic accountants, clinical psychologists, custody evaluators, social workers, and appraisers. David served as a founding editor-in-chief of the Utah Journal of Family Law. He also served as the Managing Editor of the nationally recognized Journal of Legal Studies Education, a publication of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- University of Houston, J.D. 2009
- London School of Economics, MSc. 2005
- University of Utah, 2004, BA
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Trial Skills (2012)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, ABA Family Law Trial Program (2019)
- David’s Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7FK9Y5YAAAAJ&hl=en
- Read, D. et al. Utah Business Law for Entrepreneurs. Utah State Bar Association, 2016.
- Business Law Practitioner of the Year (2016) – Utah Bar Association
- Mountain States, Rising Star (2020)